09:26 | 29/07/2020
This morning, Vietnam recorded 8 new cases of COVID-19 in the community, bringing the total number of cases in Vietnam to 446.
In the face of new developments of the disease, the Prime Minister has asked related ministries, People’s Committees of cities and provinces, especially Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh City and the provinces of Quang Nam, Quang Ngai and Thua Thien Hue continue to be proactive, calm and effectively implement the proposed prevention and control measures to prevent the spread of disease. The National Steering Committee for COVID-19 disease prevention also called on people to be calm and follow the recommendations of the health sector.
The Ministry of Health updates the COVID-19 epidemic situation at 9am daily.
As of 9:00 am on July 29, 2020, according to worldometers.info’s statistics:
* The world: 16,881,704 infected people; 662.403 people die
215 countries and territories (including 2 cruise ships) reported COVID-19 cases.
– Vietnam ranks 161/215 countries and territories having probable cases in the world; 6/11 countries have cases in Southeast Asia. In the ASEAN region, all countries in the region have sick people.
* Vietnam: 446 cases of COVID-19, no deaths.
– Number of recovering cases: 369 cases
– 80 cases are being treated.
|The number of infected cases is managed immediately||Number of infected cases detected in the community||The number of cases is in concentrated isolation||Number of isolated cases at home and under medical supervision|
Up to 9:00 am on 29/7: Vietnam has a total of 276 cases of entry quarantined immediately.
+ From 6:00 pm on 7/28 – 6:00 am 29/7: 8 more new cases were recorded.
2. Number of recovery cases in the last 24 hours: 04 cases
3. Number of deaths: 0
4. Number of cases progressing well:
– Number of first negative cases with SARS-CoV-2: 09 cases.
– Number of negative cases 2 or more with SARS-CoV-2: 03 cases.
5. Number of severe cases: 02
6. Number of isolated people: 16,248
– Isolator concentration in hospital: 375
– Isolation concentrated in other establishments: 12,996
– Isolating at home, place of stay: 3,352
7. Number of cases of immigration being managed immediately: 276
8. Number of detected cases in the community: 170
– COVID-19 epidemic continues to be complicated in many countries, until 9am on 28/7 the world recorded more than 16.8 million cases, more than 660,000 people died. Extreme disease movements, worrying in some areas in the world appeared second and third outbreaks. In Southeast Asia, Indonesia is still the country with the highest number of cases. Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and East Timor are countries in Southeast Asia that have not recorded deaths due to COVID-19.
– In Vietnam, during the recent days, the disease has complicatedly evolved in the city. Da Nang, Quang Nam, have recorded nearly 20 new infections in the community including health workers but have not yet found the source of infection. Worth mentioning is that the virus is recognized for its ability to spread rapidly; the risk of disease spread at Da Nang General Hospital, Da Nang Hospital C, Da Nang Orthopedic and Rehabilitation Hospital, Hai Chau, Lien Chieu and Ngu Hanh Son districts of Danang City is very high. There is a high risk of spreading the disease in many provinces and cities across the country.
– Before that situation, from 0:00 on 28/7, Da Nang has implemented social gap, Quang Nam also stopped some activities to prevent COVID-19 epidemic.
– Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City have made a medical declaration and sampled SARS – CoV 2 test for returnees from Da Nang, and these two localities also advised people to strictly implement measures disease prevention measures recommended by the health sector. At the same time, it is recommended that people temporarily not go to epidemic areas to prevent disease.
– Other localities have made lists, reviewed surveillance and home isolation with cases coming to Da Nang to prevent and control the disease effectively.
-The Ministry of Health directs and strengthens forces, vehicles, supplies … supports Danang City to quickly test, trace and treat patients so as to prevent death; ensure safety for health workers and functional forces, including reporters working on epidemic prevention and control.
About the situation of treatment:
On the morning of July 29, Vietnam recorded 8 new cases, most of the COVID-19 patients were being treated at medical facilities in stable condition. There are 2 cases of patients undergoing mechanical ventilation: BN 416 and BN 418.
However, as reported by the Treatment Subcommittee this morning, Patient 416 ran ECMO after 5 days the indicators have improved, the possibility that this patient will be withdrawn from ECMO in the coming days. Patient 418 has a history of many underlying diseases such as hypertension, type 2 diabetes, complications of respiratory failure, heart failure, acute kidney damage, this case continues to be monitored, no ECMO indication, continued continue to be closely monitored.
Currently, both cases of patients 416 and 418 have lost their fever
– People who come to Da Nang City and return to their localities in the period from July 8 to now make electronic medical declaration, self-monitoring of health; For those who have been in high risk areas isolated, blocked, or shown to have a cough or fever, it is required to conduct testing immediately. At the same time, it is necessary to check cases of cough and fever in the community to promptly apply appropriate epidemic prevention and control measures.
– People in Da Nang city strictly implements measures to prevent COVID-19. In 6 districts of Hai Chau, Thanh Khe, Son Tra, Ngu Hanh Son, Cam Le and Lien Chieu, it is necessary to:
– The family is separated from the family, the residential quarter is separated from the residential group, the ward is separated from the ward, the district is separated from the district, district; workshops, manufacturing plants must ensure a safe distance, wear masks, disinfect and disinfect according to regulations.
– Ask people to stay at home, only go out in case of necessity such as buying food, food, medicine, emergency, working at factories, production facilities, business establishments. essential services and commodities are not closed, shut down and other emergencies; strictly observe the minimum distance of 2m when communicating; Do not concentrate more than 2 people outside the workplace, school, hospital and in public places.
The National Steering Committee for COVID-19 prevention and control proposed that people take measures to prevent and control COVID-19 in the new situation, continue to implement the prevention and control measures under the direction of the Prime Minister covered with “double duty”, both economic development and prevention of COVID-19 epidemic, determined not to let infectious diseases in the community, borders must be well controlled.
The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends continued implementation of 6 safeguards in COVID-19 prevention and control:
– Hand hygiene
– Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing
– Do not touch your face without washing your hands
– Limited to enclosed spaces or crowded places.
– Keep a distance of at least 1m
– Regularly clean and disinfect touched or touched objects / surfaces.